The Shipshewana Livestock Auction is every Wednesday, year-round.
Wednesday Livestock Auction Schedule
10:00 am Hay
10:30 am Feeder Pigs
11:00 am Dairy Heifers / Dairy Cows
12:30 pm Feeder Cattle
2:30 pm Veal, Sheep, Lambs, Goats (in that order)
4:00 pm Butcher Bulls and Cows, Fat Cattle
- Unloading may be done anytime after 6:00 am on Wednesdays, up until sale time on Wednesday. If you need to unload on Tuesdays, please call ahead (260-768-4129) to make arrangements.
- Checks may be picked up immediately following your sale in the livestock office on Wednesdays, or they will be mailed out the following morning. You may also make arrangements to pick up your check from the office the next day. We must have your complete name and address to issue checks.
- Hay is sold by the ton. If you are selling hay, please bring a scale ticket into the Livestock Office to register prior to the sale.
- For trucking service, call the livestock office at 260-768-4129.
- All sheep and goats need Scrapie Tags. Get free tags by calling 1-866-873-2824 or visit www.eradicatescrapie.org. Shipshewana Auction will tag them for $2.00 per head, but we prefer you get your own tags and tag them before you bring them to the sale.
- For information on Out-of-State animals call the Indiana Board of Animal Health at 317-544-2414.
- Dairy Cows - Springers - Dairy Feeder Heifers (6 months or older) NEED TB Test Papers. Health Paper / Interstate Certificate would be good. Questions? Call Tye Casey at 574-930-0450.
There’s always something exciting happening at Shipshewana. Browse our upcoming events, and book a room today so that you don’t miss out on your favorite event!
Exclusive News & Deals
Be the first to be "in-the-know" on the latest news and special events taking place at Shipshewana Trading Place by signing up for our eNews.Join Now
Vendor Selling Opportunities
Learn more about all of the great vendor opportunities at the Midwest's largest flea market and auction!Learn More