Sell at the Shipshewana Horse Auction
The Shipshewana Horse Auction is held every Friday, year-round. Horse lovers from all over the United States join us for our weekly auctions of driving, work, saddle horses, ponies, and tack.
Special yearly horse sales are held on Good Friday and Black Friday. Get information about selling at these special large horse sales.
Regular Friday Horse Auction Schedule
10:30 am Tack
12:30 pm Saddle Horses, Ponies, Work Horses, Loose Horses, Driving Horses
Horse Seller Information:
- Horses may be brought in anytime after 6:00 pm on Thursday, up until sale time on Friday.
- All horses sold through the Shipshewana Auction must have a Coggins. Coggins testing will be available on-site the day of the sale at an additional fee.
- Sellers are responsible for Coggins fees on all Ponies, Saddle Horses, Work Horses, and Driving Horses. Buyers are responsible for Coggins fees on all Loose Horses.
- All horses MUST have halters and lead ropes!
- If you are unable to stay and watch your horse sell, you may want to write up a short story about your horse to be read by the auctioneer.
- We must have your complete name and address to issue checks. Seller checks will be mailed, or they may be picked up from the livestock office only after your horse has been paid for by the buyer.
- To auction tack, bring it in on Friday before 10:30 am, and take it into the ring to be sold.
- Driving: 8%, with a minimum of $75.00 per head + yardage.
- Work, Saddle & Loose Horses: 8%, with a minimum of $50.00 per head + yardage.
- Ponies: 8%, with a minimum of $50.00 per head + yardage.
- Yardage Fee: 0.39% or a minimum of $3.00 per head.
- Tack: 20% of gross sale
- Coggins Fee: $40.00
- No Sale: $50.00 per head.