Important COVID-19 Updates from Shipshewana Trading Place: (Last Updated: 9/24/2020)
The safety and well-being of our guests, customers, buyers, sellers, vendors and employees is priority for Shipshewana Trading Place Auction & Flea Market. We continue to take efforts to work toward your safety through education & operational efforts and regularly assess business hours, updating you of changes here.
What we are doing to minimize the spread of illness at Shipshewana Trading Place:
- Shipshewana Trading Place supports all state and county guidance for wearing of face masks and asks that you self-monitor and comply with guidance as it is provided and communicated in the changing timeline of COVID 19. Please respect others’ personal space and if you see a situation in which you feel uncomfortable, remove yourself and do feel free to share that with a member of our team.
- We are highly encouraging you follow all recommended safety and prevention guidance in all of our public spaces.
- Educational posters are located in the flea market & antique auction.
- Traffic monitoring is in effect so parking can be spread on all sides of our 40 acre campus if need be to assist with the flow of shoppers.
- Food court and auction restaurant team members have taken extra precautions on cleaning, providing sanitizing stations and following state guidance.
- Hand sanitizing stations and restroom facilities are located across the flea market at all food courts & in the antique auction building for handwashing.
What you need to know when you plan your trip:
- Wearing a mask is currently required in Indiana and LaGrange County indoors or when 6’ social distancing cannot be maintained while outdoors. Please maintain 6 feet from others at all times.
- If you are ill or have been around others who are ill within 14 days, please remain home.
- Refrain from handling items/products you do not intend to purchase (especially produce/pre-packaged food items in the Farmer's Market)
- Be patient as vendors may ask you to wait to enter their booth space, or you may have to return later due to ability to social distance in each individual market space. *Some individual vendors or booths may require a mask.
- Do not touch your face. Cover your cough or sneeze. Wash hands frequently. Respectfully, we ask that you use common sense to respect others' personal space.
- Be aware, an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Stay Safe & with Sincere Thanks,
The Entire Shipshewana Trading Place Team
Shipshewana Trading Place Business Hours & Operations: (Last Updated: 9/24/2020)
The information below provides you with our current list of business hours and will be kept updated until we are able to resume all normal business operations once again.
*Check back before you travel.
Antique & Misc. Auctions
Farmstead Inn & Conference
- Book Your Room
Staff is minimizing touchpoints and sanitizing high touchpoint areas. All cleaning agents are sanitizing products for the safety of our guests. Breakfast is a limited hot menu currently that hotel staff serves to guests. Seating capacity in breakfast area is limited. Guests may choose to eat breakfast in their room if seating is full. Pool is currently open. All guests are encouraged to socially distance and wear a mask when 6' is not able to be maintained as required by the state.
- Weekly Livestock Sale – Open each Wednesday at 10 am.
- If you are ill, please stay home.
- Call Keith Lambright for questions about selling at 260-336-6008.
LIVESTOCK AUCTION BUYERS
- Live livestock Auctions Now Open Wednesdays Year-Round
- Hay buyers welcome. Call-in orders also welcome at 260-768-4129.
LIVESTOCK AUCTION SELLERS/CONSIGNERS
- Consigners should return home after unloading livestock. (Checks will be mailed unless you call to make pick up arrangements.)
- Market values will not be impacted as a result of your leaving before sale time. Call Keith with any questions about selling at 260-336-6008.
- Open for dine-in on Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Fridays (Now through October 14, call for hours.)
- All Remaining 2020 Swap Meets Are On Schedule.
- Upcoming date for 2020: October 17
- All Special Events Are Currently On Schedule
RV Park & Service Center
We urge you to strictly follow all Indiana travel advisories and the CDC’s guidelines on proper handwashing and prevention methods.
ISDH Coronavirus Updates
CDC Coronavirus Education: Protecting Yourself
For other area information you can visit the Shipshewana Retail Merchant's Association or Shipshewana Visitor Center.
Shipshewana Trading Place is home to the Midwest's Largest Flea Market, Weekly Auctions, an Amish-inspired Inn, and year-round events in Indiana's Amish Country. Check out what's going on by browsing our upcoming events.