Date: Feb 27, 2017
Introducing The "Flea"ture: A Shipshewana Flea Market Vendor Village
You spoke...we listened! In the recent past, we've received a lot of requests for more local, handmade, shabby chic or antique vendors at the Shipshewana Flea Market.
So, coming this flea market season (2017), we are opening a unique vendor village in the heart of the flea market, called "The FLEAture!"
You probably already know that the Shipshewana Flea Market is a great place to find bargains on all sorts of things, from makeup to t-shirts to cleaning products to socks to office and party supplies. After all...with nearly 900 booths, you are bound to find almost everything under the sun.
However, some of our visitors to the market are only here hoping to find local goods, handmade items, and antiques. And although we have a print, web, and mobile version of our vendor directory complete with product categories, these visitors have trouble finding the specific booths they are interested in when the vendors are dispersed throughout the market's 26 gigantic aisles.
This year, shoppers will be able to find special unique items they might be looking for all in one location in the market - at the FLEAture.
The FLEAture is a mini market village where vendors get together and sell some of the most requested and unique items. It will be open June through September for the 2017 flea market season and will be located in the exhibition area close to the center of the market. See map. The FLEAture will have vendors in both covered and outdoor spaces. There are 30-40 vendor spaces.
Each week of each month will have a different product "theme" covering the most requested and unique items. Here's what to look forward to:
The FLEAture Themed Week Calendar
- 1st Week Each Month: SHABBY CHIC
- June 6-7; July 3-5; Aug 1-2; Sept 4-6
- Items that have been upcycled/repurposed including furniture, signs, décor & more.
- 2nd Week Each Month: LOCAL CRAFTS
- June 13-14; July 11-12; Aug 8-9; Sept 12-13
- Handmade crafts, artisan goods, and gifts. Also showcasing items and/or stores from Shipshewana and the surrounding areas.
- 3rd Week Each Month: JEWELRY & BOUTIQUE CLOTHING
- June 20-21; July 18-19; Aug 15-16; Sept 19-20):
- Jewelry of all kinds and the latest trends in boutique clothing.
- 4th Week Each Month: ANTIQUES & COLLECTIBLES
- June 27-28; July 25-26; Aug 22-23; Sept 26-27
- Antiques & vintage items that have stood the test of time, that you remember seeing as a child, or you heard stories from your grandparents about.
- 5th Week (August Only): JUNK IN THE TRUNK
- August 29 & 30
- Sell your garage sale items, crafts, or junk! Sellers are encouraged to drive vehicles onto their space and sell from their trunks. Details to come soon.
We need your help to get vendors!
Do you know someone who would be a great vendor for the Shipshewana FLEAture? We're offering reduced weekly rates for vendors ($45 per week) who want to set up in this inaugural year and who fit into the above themes. To reserve a spot in the “Flea”ture, fill out and send in a Flea Market Vendor Application.