Top 12 Flea Market Vendor FAQs
This local flea market, Shipshewana Flea Market, is a great place to buy and sell your, products, food, or services and so much more!
If you have questions about how it works, you're not alone! Here are some frequently asked questions that will help get you pointed in the right direction before setting up at the Shipshewana Flea Market.
1. When is the Shipshewana Flea Market open?
This seasonal, outdoor flea market is open on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from the first Tuesday in May through the Last Wednesday in September from 8 am to 4 pm EST. It is also open for extended markets in celebration of Memorial Day; Independence Day; Labor Day; and two special weekend markets in June & August.
2. What are the flea market hours and set-up times at the flea market?
Monday is our vendor set-up day. The flea market office is open from 10am-8pm, with the gates remaining open until 10 pm. Gates and office open back up on Tuesday & Wednesday morning beginning at 6am. All vehicles not parking on spaces must be off the flea market grounds by 8am. The flea market opens to the public at 8 am and remains open until 4 pm.
3. What do I need to do to become a vendor?
Vendors will need ID, payment, and your Indiana Retail Merchant Certificate. If you're unsure of how to obtain an Indiana Retail Merchant Certificate, we've found this phone number to be helpful: 317-234-9768.
4. What's included with my flea market booth?
What you'll be getting from us is a 25' wide by 20' deep, open space with electrical hookups. If you want any type of coverage, bring your own pop-up canopy as again this is an outdoor flea market.
Bring tables and chairs, as well as, any other display set-up items you will need. Don’t forget to have cash to make change!
Free Vendor WiFi is also available.
5. How much is a space?
Spaces are rented a few different ways. Here are your options:
- Weekly rental: $55 for both days or $35 for one day
- Monthly rental and permanent space: $37-45 per week depending on the space. Month is paid in advance.
- The Shipshewana Flea Market also has options for renting buildings or big top tents that can be placed on respective spaces.
6. How many people visit the flea market per week?
The Shipshewana Flea Market is the Midwest's largest flea market. On average, we have anywhere from 10,000 to 12,000 customers come through each week.
7. Do I need to reserve flea market booths ahead of time?
You can send your application and payment in ahead of time, fill out our online application, or you can come to the flea market office on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday and reserve your space then. You can even come in the same day or week you are wanting to sell!
8. What’s allowed to be sold?
Lots of different products are allowed to be sold at the flea market. We do however, have some legal restrictions such as alcohol, drug related items, firearms, fireworks, regulated materials including hypodermic needles (i.e. 856 1AC2-6-18(c), and/or counterfeit merchandise.
9. Can I come just one day?
Yes, you can do 1 day or 2 day rentals. You are more than welcome to try the market out for just one day if you would like.
10. Can I park on my space?
Yes, if your set-up allows, you are more than welcome to park directly on your space. Many people incorporate their vehicle into their set-up or use it as a convenient storage room for grabbing extra merchandise.
Some people even sleep in their vehicles right on their space at night or pull their pop-up camper right on to their space! There are restrooms and shower facilities on the grounds for our vendors to use. There are restrooms and shower facilities on the grounds for our vendors to use.
11. If I'm from a long ways away, where else can I sleep?
Shipshewana Flea Market is centrally located between several major metropolitan areas like Chicago, Grand Rapids, Detroit, Dayton, and Indianapolis. So, if you are coming in on Monday or Tuesday from a distance, you have a couple of different lodging options for sleeping arrangements.
- As far as Shipshewana hotels, there is one directly across the street called Farmstead Inn, you can call 260-768-4595 to make a reservation.
- If you have a camper, you can stay in our RV Park located on the south side of the flea market grounds. (Be sure to let them know you are a Shipshewana Flea Market vendor.)
12. Where will my flea market booth be?
The flea market office staff will help you select your booth space. The office has a list of spaces that are available each week. We will place you in the best possible space based on your products. Check out our map!