Vendor Spotlight: Better Home Goods Home Textiles at Great Deals
Meet Nikki Conrod, Better Home Goods, Shipshewana Flea Market Vendor located in Booths #149-151 & #175-177. Nikki is a young entrepreneur, but is a seasoned Shipshewana Flea Market vendor having been here since 1998.
How did you get started?
I started here when I was 9 years old, helping my dad in a 20' X 20' foot space selling t-shirts. After some time we expanded to a 20' X 40' space selling embroidered dresses. With the market changes, and customers' interests, we evolved over time to accommodate the market needs.
What do you offer shoppers today?
Today, we specialize in home textiles. Everything from blankets and quilts to sheets and pillows. Some fun new items include hooded throws (a wearable blanket with a hood) and pocket scarves. We even offer homemade indoor/outdoor rugs and a little bit of Scentsy.
We started with just 500 items and now offer over 4,000 products to shoppers every Tuesday and Wednesday in our multiple spaces at The Shipshewana Flea Market from May through September.
What are your top sellers?
- Quilts - They're reversible, come in a variety of designs like farm, red truck and are available in Twin sizes through King, which will also fit a California King.
- Pocket Scarves - These soft and warm wraps come in 20 designs. You can store your phone and keys in 2 of the pockets and the other 2 pockets are there to fit your hands to keep them toasty and warm.
- Throws - We carry a huge variety of throws for kids (glow-in-the-dark); and all occasions and styles including tapestry, sherpa and more. They are good for the sofa, crib, bed and are perfect gifts for Mother's Day, Father's Day, Christmas and so many more great gift giving occasions.
Every week we have a blowout special with a different featured product so you'll find an amazing new deal on something different every week you come out.
What tips do you have for new vendors just starting out and selling at flea markets?
- Do what you love, use what you’re going to sell.
- Don’t offer something just because everyone else is, differentiate yourself and stand out.
- Be passionate about what you sell. Everything in my booth is tested by us at home, so we stand by our products.
Looking for more amazing vendors, view our searchable online Vendor Directory and begin planning your visit!