Vendor Spotlight: Amish Foods
One of the most fun things to do in Indiana is shop the Midwest’s Largest Flea Market, with nearly 700 vendors, you’ll soon discover why this is one of the premier stops in Amish Country Indiana.
What do you offer customers at your Shipshewana Flea Market booth?
All of my products are made right here in Indiana and a couple in Michigan. I am offering quality homemade products, supporting several local Amish families.
- Amish-made jams in over 30 different varieties including favorites like strawberry and apple butter; in both Large (18 oz.) and small (4.5 oz) jars.
People love the small jars because they make great gifts and allows them to try a variety of flavors in smaller sizes reducing potential waste.
- Amish Farm old-fashioned homemade, hand-cut soap.
It’s chemical free and pet friendly and can be used for hand soap, body soap or for your hair.
- Amish Smokehouse beef sticks in 9 flavors and beef jerky in 6 flavors.
- Amish Country and Wild Donkey popcorn.
- Wild Donkey coffee, a premium roasted ground and whole bean. A fan favorite here is Jamaican Me Crazy, a blend of vanilla, caramel and Kahlua.
- Amish egg noodles.
Fun Fact: What is Tomato Jam and do you sell that?
It's an old-fashioned recipe and yes, we even have that! Everybody that sees tomato jam says it looks like what grandma used to make; it's kind of like a tomato paste. Some people cook with it. It can be eaten on toast or spread over cream cheese and served with crackers as a dip.
What are your top sellers?
- Amish Made Jam
- Wild Donkey Coffee
- Amish Smokehouse Beef Jerky
Will I Find Great Prices at the Shipshewana Flea Market?
I keep my prices really, really good. You’ll find the best prices on these products right here.
Flea Market Vendor Tips
- Find your niche and stick with it.
- Offer quality products and stand behind what you sell.
- Make adjustments to your product offering to meet customers’ needs.