Shipshewana Flea Market Vendor Spotlight: The Pot Slot
The Pot Slot is based out of Goshen, Indiana and they make a variety of plant hangers and holders made out of cedar. They are water resistant and great for both indoor and outdoor use.
Tim Swartzentruber is out in the Shipshewana Flea Market at space #680 each week sharing tips and ways The Pot Slot can be a perfect addition to your porch, patio, or garden whether you use it seasonally or year-round.
What is The Pot Slot?
The Pot Slot is a plant hanging system that comes in a variety of options and can be mixed and matched with 4-7” terra cotta/ceramic pots. Tim adds, “it’s all about balance, so what you do to one side, you must do with the other, which makes them look visually pleasing as well.”
- Single (holds 4 pots)
- 3-Piece Set (holds 6 pots)
- Mega (holds 8 pots)
- Hanging Welcome Signs (holds 4 pots)
- Free-Standing Welcome Signs (2 sizes, holds 4 or 6 pots)
The Pot Slot is Great For:
- Herb Gardens
- Aloe Vera
What if I don’t have a Green Thumb?
Many of their customers use them to hang in areas that need a little hanging storage. Here are some ideas that might interest you:
- Kitchen Utensils
- Easter Eggs
- Christmas Bulbs
- Indian Corn
Pot Slot Care Tips
Watering your plants can be done outdoors, no problem. If you keep your Pot Slot indoors, we suggest the following:
- Line the bottom of the pot with a coffee filter, keeping dirt from escaping when watering.
- Take your pot to the sink and water real well once/week. (Your terra cotta pot will absorb much of the water.)
- After five minutes of absorption, hang your pots back. (Remember to rotate them so the sun is reaching the opposite side for balanced plant growth.)
Tips for Vendors and why they are the “One Stop Pot Slot Stop”
Think outside the box.
- Look at appropriate extensions of your product.
- Welcome Signs
- Keep your customers’ needs met.
To view more unique and amazing products offered by the Midwest's Largest Flea Market, download our FREE Shipshewana Flea Market Trip Planner!