Shipshewana Miscellaneous & Antique Auction
The Shipshewana, Indiana Misc. & Antique Auction is held every Wednesday, year-round, at 9 am. Six to ten auctioneers simultaneously sell antiques, collectibles, estate items, primitives, glassware, furniture, architectural salvage, and so much more.
An average auction will take from 9 am until 1 pm - 3 pm. The auction is held in the Shipshewana Auction Misc. & Antique Building (an 80' by 200' enclosed facility, heated in the winter and open-air in the summer). Restrooms and the Auction Snack Bar are located inside.
Auction Market Report for June 21, 2017, Sale: “Lots of merchandise in the barn today. Prices remain steady to recent weeks.”
- Previewing / Inspecting Merchandise: Buyers may preview items in person on Tuesdays (7 am - 5 pm) and Wednesdays (5:30 am to auction time). Buyers can also preview photos and listings online at auctionzip.com. Item photos are taken and posted online by 5 pm every Tuesday. View a map of the auction building.
- Buyer Numbers: Buyer numbers are required for bidding and for making payments. Visit the Misc. & Antique Auction Office during office hours (open Tuesdays & Wednesdays) to register for a buyer number with a valid driver's license. There is a $5.00 Buyer Card Fee; additional cards are $1.00. Buyer cards are valid for one calendar year, and new cards are required each year.
- Bidding: The minimum opening bid accepted is $5.00 per item, per choice, or per grouping of merchandise offered for auction. All items, unless otherwise stated, are sold with a reserved bid. Remember, all merchandise is sold "as is" or as represented by consignor only. Please show the clerk and auctioneer your buyer number card when bidding.
- Terms of Sale: We accept cash, check, Visa, Mastercard, or Discover. There is a 5% buyers premium on purchases, which will be waived if you pay with cash or check. Sales tax will be collected on all purchases unless a sales tax number is registered in the office. All purchases must be paid for day of. No private exchange of merchandise between buyers and consignors. A penalty may be imposed for this violation.
- Parking: A parking permit or fee at the entrance is required from Memorial day thru September and is collected by the gate attendant. Enter from the North or West gate for preferred auction parking. Season preferred parking permits are available to purchase in the Miscellaneous Office for $35.00.
Seller / Consignor Information
Call or visit the office to reserve an auction selling spot! 260-768-4129.
- Auction spots are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Most locations are approximately 7' x 9' and some are approximately 9' x 12'. Tables, lighted showcases, electricity, and pegboards are available for additional fees. There is no guarantee of selling time or auctioneer.
- Consignment fees are $10.00 to $20.00 per seller spot. Commissions are based on both gross sales and lot averages. View Commission Chart.
- Unloading / Set Up: Unloading times are Tuesdays (7 am - 5 pm) and Wednesdays (5:30 am - 7 am). Park where directed or in a valid parking space. Check in with auction personnel, and you and your vehicle will be directed to your auction location. Side and overhead doors are to be operated by authorized personnel only. Spots must be occupied by 7 am on Wednesday to avoid possible reissuing.
- Advertising: During unloading / set up, staff will photograph items for the sale. Photos are uploaded to AuctionZip.com and captioned with the item's location unless otherwise directed. To submit photos or auction listings in advance, email your sale date, location number, listings and photos to Anna at email@example.com.
- Auction Time Procedure: All consignors are responsible for handling merchandise at auction time. (Rep. service is available, check office for rates.) Minimum opening bid is $5.00. We encourage you to sell all items to the highest bidder, although you as a seller have the right to "no sale" items or to offer items on a reserve bid.
Seller Payout: Sellers at Shipshewana Auction get paid right away. Our goal is to have your checks available one hour after your last item is sold.