Things to Do
Did you know that Shipshewana, Indiana, is the third largest Amish community in the U.S.? Most people visit for the famous flea market & tourist attractions, but it’s also known for the generous hiking and biking trails. Here are some resources about things to do and places to eat in Shipshewana.
Shopping in Shipshewana
- Shipshewana Flea Market - Midwest's Largest Flea Market with nearly 900 booths, open Tuesdays & Wednesdays, 8am-5pm, May - September.
- Shipshewana Miscellaneous & Antique Auction - Six to ten auctioneers selling a variety of antiques & collectibles, sale is every Wednesday, 9am, year-round
- Davis Mercantile - Over 20 stores on 4 floors plus a carousel! Enjoy your visit to this beautiful timber-framed building with a big tree in the middle!
- Harrison Street Shops - Stroll along Harrison Street in downtown Shipshewana and explore more than 15 specialty shops. Each store provides a unique shopping experience, while all provide the small town charm and amazing hospitality.
- Shipshewana Furniture Co - Locally-made heirloom quality woodwork. Over 20,000 sqft of showroom with a wide selection.
- Yoder's Shopping Center - Unique shopping experiences all under one roof. Open Monday - Saturday
- Shipshewana Across the Road Indoor Market - Fall Indoor Market, Open Fridays - Saturdays, 9am-4pm, October 5 - December 15, 2018.
- Yoder's Meat & Cheese - Four generations of bringing wholesome goodness and top quality meat from farm to table.
- Yoder's Red Barn Shoppes - Nine stores under one roof showcasing Amish handcrafted furniture, home decor, clothing, lotions and potions, hand-rolled pretzels and Tea Room.
- Lotions & Potions - Bath & Body Shop with 500+ fragrances
- Our Front Porch - Apparel from Shipshe Casuals
- E&S Sales - Exceptional savings on bulk foods, baking ingredients and much more.
- Eash Sales - One stop shop for all your indoor and outdoor needs
- Quilt Shops
- Glow - A Christian Bookstore - Featuring Bibles, Devotionals, Fiction and more.
- The Arc of LaGrange County Thrift Store - Bargains Galore!
- Hand-crafted Furniture Shops
- B Honey - Honey, beeswax candles, skin care products and more from local beekeepers
- Countryside Creations - Plant and bird feeder hangers and flower pot items for lawn and garden.
- Green Meadow Bird Houses & Feeders - Quality built, maintenance free bird houses and feeders.
- Lambright Country Chimes - Unique wind chimes
- Silver Star Leather - one-man shop and quality leather workmanship
- Cherry Pickers
- Morton Street Shops
- Shipshe General Store
- Victorian Candy Company
- Menno-Hof Center - See and hear the Amish-Mennonite story through multimedia presentations, historical environments and colorful displays.
- Shipshewana Corn Maze
- Eby's Indoor Family Fun
- Shipshewana's Gift of Lights
- Blue Gate Theatre
- Dutch Creek Animal Park
- Trading Post Canoe / Kayak - relax on the Pigeon river!
- T&L Country Canoes - rent a canoe or kayak and paddle down the fawn river.
- Pumpkinvine Nature Trail - Picturesesque bike trail connecting the towns of Shipshewana, Middlebury and Goshen.
- Walldogs Trail
- Barn Quilt Trail
- Quilt Gardens Trail
- Buggy Rides
- Fruit Hills Winery & Orchard - Enjoy fine wines and beautiful views from the rustic tasting room.
- Stoney Creek Winery - Family-owned and operated, producers of small batch, hand-made country wines.
Places to Eat
Shipshewana Trading Place is home to the Midwest's Largest Flea Market, Weekly Auctions, an Amish-inspired Inn, and year-round events in Indiana's Amish Country. Check out what's going on by browsing our upcoming events.