Antique Auction Manager
Shipshewana Auction, Inc. is seeking a self-motivated individual to fill the Antique Auction Manager position for Shipshewana Trading Place. If you have a passion for antiques and collectibles, small town America, rural living, agriculture, family entertainment, and have a desire to make a difference in a growing organization, we want to talk to you!
- Lead, direct and manage all aspects of weekly Antique & Misc. Auction operations including, but not limited to: staffing, bookkeeping, and scheduling.
- Participate in sales and marketing initiatives; insuring a high standard of service, facilities appearance, and overall execution of operational needs.
- Staff office, auctioneers and clerks to keep a balance between supply and demand while balancing the amount of merchandise offered, crowd size and the duration of the auctions.
- Train and educate office personnel, auctioneers and clerks.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for buyer and seller to efficiently achieve successful Antique & Misc. Auction transactions in cooperation.
- Insure all supplies and equipment are prepared to operate weekly auctions.
- Have an understanding and feel for the type of market the Antique & Misc. Auction has developed over the years and “sell” that market to our existing and potential customers, initiate new market opportunities and collaborate with leadership in partnering relationships.
- Handle customer relations between buyers/sellers/office personnel/auctioneers/clerks.
- Assist with rental and operations of auction barn, including but not limited to Shipshewana Auction hosted events.
- A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience managing a staff and operations in the service industry
- Antique retail, auction management, auctioneering, event coordination or other like experience helpful
- Must have a basic understanding and working knowledge of relevant computer software (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.) and willingness to learn applicable auction software
- Unwavering commitment to community, moral standing and values are required
- Exhibit and foster excellent customer service and team attitudes
- Display awareness and understanding of the community in which you live and work
- Ability to lead people and get results through others
- Effectively organizes and manages multiple priorities
- Demonstrates talent for networking and relationship building
- Competitive salary determined by experience
- Medical insurance
- Paid time off
- Educational opportunities
- Company perks include discounts on food services and lodging
If you possess the skills, drive and dedication for the Antique Auction Manager position as described and hold a passion for the antiques/collectibles and hospitality industry, please submit cover letter and resume through aghires.com for consideration.
There’s always something exciting happening at Shipshewana. Browse our upcoming events, and book a room today so that you don’t miss out on your favorite event!