The Shipshewana Horse Auction is every Friday, year-round.
Regular Horse Auction Schedule
10:30 am: Tack
12:30 pm: Saddle Horses, Ponies, Loose Horses
2:30 pm: Work Horses, Driving Horses
- Horses may be brought in anytime after 6:00 pm on Thursday, up until sale time on Friday.
- As of July 23, 2010, ALL horses sold through the Shipshewana Auction must have an Equine Information Document. (Download a PDF of the Equine Information Document.)
- If you are unable to stay and watch your horse sell, you may want to write up a short story about your horse to be read by the auctioneer.
- We must have your complete name and address to issue checks. Seller checks will be mailed, or they may be picked up from the livestock office only after your horse has been paid for by the buyer.
- To auction tack, bring it in on Friday before 10:30 am, and take it into the ring to be sold.
Horse Sale Commission
- Driving: $75.00 per head
- Work: 5% with a a minimum of $35.00 per head
- Saddle Horses: 5% with a minimum of $35.00 per head
- Loose Horses: 5% with a minimum of $30.00 per head
- Ponies: 5% with a minimum of $30.00 per head
- Tack: 15% of gross sale
- No Sale: Commission plus $3.00 yardage
- Yardage Fee: 0.39% ($3.00 minimum per head)
There’s always something exciting happening at Shipshewana. Browse our upcoming events, and book a room today so that you don’t miss out on your favorite event!